1. Apparently quick takes is all I have time for when it comes to blogging. It must be that by Friday I’ve finally figured out a time schedule for us, but by then it’s the end of the week and we all know how everything changes on the weekends. Regardless, I’ve written approximately 3473957 posts in my head, so should I ever become skilled at time management or the stars align and both children nap at the same time you may be lucky enough to read one of them.
2. We got our Christmas cards in the mail yesterday. I splurged and bought address labels because not only am I too lazy at this point to write our address over and over again, I’m also too lazy to make them myself. I thought my more financially minded husband would be annoyed with this wastefulness but he asked why I didn’t get tinyprints to just send them out for me… So now not only do I not feel lazy anymore, I feel like I was thrifty too!
3. Decorating for Christmas with a 3 year, 6 week old, and a cat is…how shall we say it… interesting? The tree is decorated, but only the top half. The mantel is done, but is also the eternal resting place for broken ornaments. There are colored lights just hanging on a wall. And I’m fairly certain that the boxes that store the Christmas decorations will just remain in the living room until it’s time to take all the Christmas décor down. I guess you just have to let some things go.
4. Happy St. Nicholas Day! I had Damian (and Clare) leave a shoe out under the tree before bed. When I came back from getting Clare asleep I found that Damian had snuck a second shoe under the tree. Obviously St Nick has to fill every shoe because not doing so wouldn’t be charitable or saintly. So really the kid has it figured out… I knew he was smart.
5. Let’s talk about baby girl for a second. I know they say girls tend to mature faster than boys, but she’s determined to be a big kid already. Right now I’m struggling with her in the sling or Boba because rather than do the age appropriate newborn carry, she insist on trying to stand up in them. I end up having to use the hip carry in the wrap, which is for 6 month olds. I guess she heard she was in 6 month clothing and is just confused. Or perhaps that explains why she was 10 pounds when she was born… She’s actually much older than we thought.
6. While nowhere else in my life do I appear to be on top of things, I have actually managed to do all (ok most) of my gift shopping already. Woot! Thank you amazon. However, I’ve yet to figure out something for Nate…. Is it tacky to just give your husband money?? I guess I have time still but if anyone has suggestions I’m all ears!
7. And that’s about all I have so I guess as when you have nothing else to say and you awkwardly talk about the weather I’ll mention that this unseasonably warm weather (it’s 70 today) is making me ready for summer. Unfortunately it’s not technically even winter yet. Sigh…….